All 74 art Reviews

The Toy Store Date The Toy Store Date

You put all the NG toys in the cheap stuff bin xD?

Amargaard responds:

Ooops, might not have been the best move :b

Concept art 2015 1 23 Concept art 2015 1 23

Painting is quiet nice, but what is the concept?
Seems like ur trying to show off the envirment but its just a forest? could just use a picture to concept that instead. if itsthe character ur trying to show then why is he facing the other direction, and why is the frame so big? nice painting, but useless as concept art tho.

SkillSkillFiretruck responds:

My Concept art involves getting technically better as well and developing style.
The concept is for a possible scene for the animation film, the composition of a cut,
the colour scheme, the amount of leaves on trees to give an effect or express something,
the overall mood and atmosphere, another drawing of the two little companions and of the protagonist, this time with the golden symbols on his cloak which looks nice with all the golden leaves around and those burnt amber colours, etc. so many little small things.
The resolution is 4K, which is my standard.

I should have mentioned in the description that I have a heap of concept art for this project over here- http://smashbrudda.deviantart.com/gallery/48391062/Anime-Air-or-Water
sorry, and thanks!

I thought Newgrounds doesn't allow people to post links in the description (they add space bars in between links), so that kinda turned me off from posting one. (I've posted a description everywhere else I've posted this though.)

hairy goblin looking for love hairy goblin looking for love

i have no ides wat this is...
i dig tho!

Vanity of the Bees Vanity of the Bees

im particularly impressed by the flower in the background.
it has a very nice use of lost and found edges, looking very pro!

Harp Harp

Your rendering is amazing actually magnificent!
Fundamentals need work tho, perspective anatomy..
I'd suggest starting with a line drawing first, this way you arent distracted by your beautiful rendering.

AntonOxenuk responds:

nah lineart is just not my thing man, not part of my process, but thanks for the feedback man :)

Riverend Riverend

Nudity on frontpage yay!:D

Robot Day 2014!!! Robot Day 2014!!!

goodstuff! next time warp textures to the forms tho makes it look a bit flat now

YakovlevArt responds:

Thanks! I honestly would have, I was rushing to get this done and to get it up on here, thought I was gonna be late :P

The Steam Wars The Steam Wars

Cool concept! work on the perspective tho its off in all corners of your drawing.
whats mainly putting me off are the guns, and for example the car and dog or above the horizon line yet we see them from top down. good stuff non the less!

Artist-Lost responds:

wow, I can't believe I missed that. I remember plotting the lines for the robot and some buildings, but in the original drawing I guess the foreground was an afterthought. Good catch.

Doppelganger Doppelganger

sweet edges! :) Any tips on how to achieve that?

zephyo responds:

Just use a small brush and go around the hard edges, use smudge for soft ones

AilieTheWolf AilieTheWolf

Allright since you asked for critique, here it goes.

The composition could have been better if you'd cut of like 1/4 off the top. You could make the text a bit smaller so it would still fit.
I wouldnt use any full blacks for shading as technically only places where light cant reach it would be 100% black, and there is also the atmosphere in the air that bounces light to a lot of places.
The keyboard looks really crappy, like its a picture that's transformed to make it fit the perspective.
The painting and the character with the text "i love school" both dont have shading.
The light of the monitor seems to shine on the table only? doesn't hit the keyboard or the character. Your character only receives light from above, whilst it the light source of the fire is from behind. So it should receive bounce light from the floor instead.
The horns of the character aren't put on symmetrical. six pack is an eight pack? and wtf is going on with the hands and arms?

Hope this helps, if you want any more critique mssg me :)

Oh-Sama responds:

Thanks for your help. I tried my best but the whole picture has lots of light sources so I couldn't get my shading right. Everything you said is true, I'll keep that in mind for my next work. Also This piece was only supposed to serve as a joke :)